The most common orthopedic surgical procedures
- Arthroscopy employed to treat problems occurring inside the joint using an arthroscope.
- Soft tissue repair, for torn ligaments and tendons.
- Joint replacement, in which a damaged joint is replaced with a prosthesis.
- Revision joint surgery, in which a preexistent implant is changed with a new one.
- Bone fracture repair with internal fixation, performed when broken pieces of bone are repositioned using metal plates, screws or pins.
- Debridement, during which damaged soft tissues or bones are removed.
- Fusion of bones, in which bones are fused with grafts.
- Spine fusion, during which the spinal bones (vertebrae) are joined together.
- Osteotomy, aimed at correcting bone deformities.
The most common orthopaedic surgical procedures grouped by areas of the body
Ankle: repair of ankle fracture/Dislocation
Knee: knee arthroscopy (meniscectomy, chondroplasty, anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction) and knee replacement. Fractures around the Knee,
Hip: repair of femoral neck fracture and trochanteric fracture, hip replacement.
Wrist: carpal tunnel release, wrist bone (distal radius) fracture repair.
Shoulder: Shoulder arthroplasty, Humerus & Clavicle Fixation
Bones: forearm (radius) bone fracture repair, thigh bone (femoral shaft) fracture repair.